Miranda. Episode 13. New thread

Still in the investigation room at the police station. 

Miranda: Yes, Nathan is my boyfriend. Is there a problem with that? 
Maria: I'm only a bit surprised, I mean aren't you too young to be dating? 
Miranda: Too young? Who are you to determine what age I should start dating? 
Officer Jude: I will advice you both to sort your family issues outside this room. Mrs Maria, asides from Nathan being an intern in your company, what relationship do you have with him? 
Maria: Like I already said, he interned there and he was very good. I think he was going to be retained after his graduation. I'm still surprised at why I am here for questioning. 
Officer Jude: Nathan is a main suspect in the death of Desmond and now he's missing. We tapped into his phone lines and we know he contacted you recently. 
Maria: And what if he contacted me recently? Is it wrong for him to contact me? What is going on here? Do you go around tapping into everyone's phone? Is that even right? Who is in charge of this case? Because it's obvious you're questioning the wrong people. (She asks upset) 
Officer Jude: It was a direct order from the commissioner. I think you should face the questions and bother about answering them truthfully rather than worrying who is in charge. (He says irreverently) 
Maria: I don't even know what I'm doing here. Mira, let's leave this place. 
Officer Jude: (he stands in a rush) l'm not done with you Mrs Maria. Why are you in a hurry? Are you afraid your niece might know about your relationship with Nathan? 
Maria: What are you talking about? What do you mean? (She asks anxiously)
Miranda: What is he talking about Aunt Maria? 
Officer Jude: You seem nervous, what are you hiding "Aunt Maria"? Do you have a hand in Desmond's death and Nathan's disappearance? (He asks with a sneer) 
Maria: Have you been following me officer? What do you want from me? It's fine! I'll tell you. (She takes a deep breath, looks over at Miranda and continues) I'm sorry Miranda, I'm really sorry and I know we have a lot to talk about but I had an affair with Nathan and he happens to be the father of my child. I'm sorry Mimi. 
Officer Jude: Some truth finally...
Maria: (she looks over to the officer with revulsion) Get a hold of yourself young man. Nathan told me Desmond blackmailed him a few times and that was it. I have enough problems to think of killing a young man. And now, I'm being blamed for kidnapping my baby's father? Common cut me some slack. (She says holding back the tears almost running) 
Officer Jude: You expect me to believe all you've said just like that? You think I'll let you go because....
Maria: You're such an incompetent piece of shit and it's unfortunate that you were employed here because it's obvious you know nothing about this job. (She turns to Miranda) Stand up young lady and let's leave here right away. (She says sternly) 
Officer Jude: Err erm..
Maria: You said what? 
Officer Jude: I meant, you both can go for now. 

Outside the investigation room 
"Mimi, can we go to my house? I'll tell you everything, please! Maria pleads. "Everything? You mean how my whole life is a lie or how my boyfriend happens to be my unborn sister's dad?" Miranda asks almost in tears. "I didn't know you guys were an item, I'm truly sorry Mimi." Maria says apologetically. "Don't call me that, you have no right to. Just let me be." Miranda says and walks outside the premises in search of a cab home. 
Maria gets into her car and cries uncontrollably. 

At the empty building where Nathan is being held.
Nathan: Is that you Pepe? Pepe is that you?
Lady: What do you care? Drink the water or you'll die of thirst.
Nathan: Pepe, please set me free, I beg you. Do this for the sake of Mimi and our friendship. 
Lady: Sake of what friend? 

The lady walks over and takes off his blindfold which was put on some minutes before she got in and...


Comments

Popular Posts