True life story. Episode 1

This story is by the winner of our Friday weekly challenge and the winner chooses for her identity not to be disclosed. 🙂

The threatening child 


I was raised in a family of 5, my childhood was that of a typical teenager, I was an innocent looking girl who had the world at my feet.
Since I was old enough to understand, I knew there was something wrong with all the people around me who thought i would grow up to be a teacher or wanted me to be a teacher especially my father.

I remember in Js1 during recess, my other classmates were playing games and I picked up a chalk and book to teach an empty class and you could never guess who I had for a teacher (right! It was a teacher from hell who valued her chalk more than her students). She hit me so hard for wasting her chalk and punished me for the rest of the day. 
Fate was really good to me, the next day my dad was in school before the teacher and he just about choked her! It was at this point I made up my mind never to become a teacher.

My dad was very difficult, one minute he's joking around, the next minute he's yelling at everybody and their Mama. As I grew older I thought to myself that my dad was too old to be my dad and it was sort of embarrassing. I remember one visiting day in high school I literally begged my dad not to come because I didn't want friends to know my dad (Lol, but he still came after all showing off as my dad even more). 

My younger sister and I always had a special bond, I remember her always wanting to go with me wherever I went. She was eleven and I was thirteen. When I became fourteen I was always threatening to run away from home to my other imaginary 'dad' with my sister whenever my dad or mum hurt me. 

One day, my mom had enough of my threats, and so the next time I threatened to run away from home, she said "Fine, I will pack your bags so you can leave."
I was shocked and bitter and went ahead to leave the house. I went down two streets away, and after about twenty minutes I saw my dad down the street. He put me on his neck and carried me home. "I don't think I will run away today, I will run away tomorrow." I said as my dad took me home. The threat to run away was never mentioned again after a beating from my mom (of course).

Six years down the lane I am still in love with the man I ran away from and on the journey to become a chartered accountant and not a professor teacher. Thanks to my parents and of course my darling sister who is always willing to run away with me.





Comments

  1. I can relate a bit to this story. When I entered primary 1, I thought my dad was my grand dad because he was way older than everybody I knew, anytime my friends come over I usually tell them that my dad was my grand dad and that my real dad was in another country ������

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts