True life story. Episode 2

         For Linda 

  I woke up this morning already frustrated, I was frustrated in the dream I just woke from. A dream  which was already becoming a distant memory. The frustration spilled into my reality, the sky was bleak and the clouds were grey, a storm was on the horizon. I could practically smell it in the air and it didn't do much to improve my mood, it was almost a premonition of my day to come.

 I quickly showered, got dressed and headed towards my lecture hall, half full as it was, I could already hear the noise from far off. I walked into the hall with the hopes of fading into the background and not being noticed. I always hoped for that even though I knew it was futile, I was always noticed everywhere I went to, it had always been like that for as long as I could remember and I had at this point stopped wondering why, whatever it is people see in me, I couldn't see, and had tried enough times to, enough to know I would never see it.

 I shuffled between the horde of people in the small space to my usual seat at the back and waited for the lecturer to come, he never showed up, I was slightly irritated. I left my bed just for this one class only for the... "You know what, I'm just going to not think about that right now." I said to myself, stood up and left the class. With eyes boring into my back, a part of me wished I cared about my course mates and people in general but the thought passed as quickly as it came. 

I walked to the sports centre, sat at the stands, watched countless people I didn't know partake in various activities while I was deaf to the sounds of the world. 

Some hours after, the music I had been using to drown out the noise of everything around me sputtered to a stop and I woke up from my daze, it was evening already and it was drizzling, how had I pondered and thought for hours about my life and circumstances without noticing the time?

 My belly rumbled and I took out my phone to check the time and found it dead, too few people were left around me all of whom were either walking briskly or all out jogging. I started the long walk back to my hall, I got to my room just as the skies opened and the rain began to pour down. Barely even noticing my room mates, I plugged my phone to a power source and left the room again to get something to eat. I ate slowly while watching the TV show that was on at the canteen, when I was done I sat down for a while and watched the TV show till...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts