Miranda. Episode 12

 I was panicking so much that every step I took felt like the staircase won't end. Then suddenly the blaring music came on from the living room and I ended up frightening Ruby my cousin who happened to be holding on to some strange guy for so long around the corner.

  "Oh I'm so sorry" "
  "hi Mira, it's you. Is there a problem?"
  "Er, no your mum sent me to get some wines" 
  "Alright then, I'll be downstairs" and I was like

 I walked taking little steps till I knocked mildly at his room door. No response "Does it mean it's empty?" I said to myself. I opened gently, looked around and YES it was free of him. Looking around and seeing no sign of wines meant it had to be in his closet. "This would be a long search" I said. 

 The drinks were quite a handful. On a normal circumstance, I should do two rounds carrying them but I certainly wasn't planning to return to this room so I managed to put them all in a big carton lying beside the dressing table. 
Then my phone rang..
  "Hello, who's this?" 
  "Hey, I mean hi, hello it's Nathan"
and I was like that's my fine boy calling...
  
 I knew perfectly well who it was but I decided to play 'busy memory' 
  "Oh oh oh Nathan , what's good? 
  "Oh well everything, how've you been?"
  "Very well, thanks." 
I was so delighted over the call that I already drew out the dressing chair to get comfy. 

 It wasn't until about 15 minutes I realized that the wines were hurting my thighs, my aunt was still waiting for me and I was still in this dreadful room. I ended the call promising to meet up soon. 

 I was indecisive of which staircase to take so I decided to take the one leading to the kitchen. I was walking so fast that I didn't notice wine had been spilled and I fell with two bottles accompanying me
I managed to save the rest. "SHIT" I wailed. 

 Then suddenly I felt someone helping me up. My butt didn't hurt as much as turning around and seeing "uncle Nnamdi ".
  "Take it easy, get up gently" he said 
  "Thank you sir, I'm fine now" I said. Then he peered carefully like 
  
  "You look very familiar, have we met before?"
  "Met? You mean outside here?" I stammered then continued "absolutely I'm aunt becca's niece Miranda"
  "You mean the little Ada of the Anukwe's? Wowww you've grown so so big now". As he opened his arms to embrace me, I received a call. "God surely works in miraculous ways" I said to myself. 
It was aunt Becca "Rebecca sent you to get those right? Isn't that a lot? Do you need help?"
"No sir, I can carry them. Thank you" he still looked at me lustfully "such a silly man" I whispered. 

 "Mira, what did you take so long? I almost thought you were missing and I've tried calling countless times" aunt Becca complained 
 "Sorry aunt, I searched the wrong closet for quite a while" 
 "Well, some people requested to see you, they're at the entrance" she said 

Getting there, I'm like "hello, I heard you're looking for Miranda"


 "Oh are you miss Anukwe?
 "Yes please, can I help you?"
 "We're close officers to the Jones family, I mean Desmond Jones. We are investigating his death and we've been questioning some of his friends"
 "I see, you can go on" 
 "Don't you think this place is rather inappropriate? we'll like you to follow us".....



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts