We vs Us. Episode 8- Preach girl! Preach!



At a nearby restaurant 


“But how would we know he’s the one if we just wait in the car all day?” Olivia asks. 


“I’m sure he’ll call you, then you’ll tell him you’re stuck in traffic or something. I can’t leave you with some strange stalker.” Danielle says in a firm but low voice. 


Olivia missed writing in her journal, it had been a while. She has been so pre-occupied with work and she had little or no leisure time. Well, except the few Saturday’s she spent with the girls at Cara’s boutique - their meeting spot. 


“Danny, we’ve been here for more than an hour, we can’t just sit here all day. Maybe I should call him instead?” Olivia asks tiredly. 


“Hold on, there’s this weird guy coming along. Look at your side mirror... Try calling him now.” Danielle says. 


“Okay” Olivia responds curtly.  “He’s not responding.” she says.


“And this guy didn’t have a picture on his profile? Cause this is quite stressful.” Danielle says still looking at the weird guy walking towards the restaurant.” 


“He did. But it was a dog’s picture, a big strange looking black dog. Oh my God! Was I talking to a dog?” Olivia replies and they both laugh. 


“But seriously, you really should not try this dating websites anymore. Especially a website called “love na wan tin tin” Danielle says and chuckles lightly. 


“Yeah, at-least I know better now. Better don’t even laugh out loud or I’ll just send your number to the guy. Silly girl.” Olivia replies


“My number ke? I’ll show him pepper to the extent that he’ll forget what stalking even means.” Danielle says and they both laugh again. 


“Should we leave this place? Since your baby boy isn’t responding.” Danielle asks sarcastically. 


“I guess so, I have to be in Abuja this weekend. There’s an event I need to plan. This time wasting isn’t good for me at all.” Olivia says. 


“The Stephanie’s engagement or another one?” Danielle asks. 


“The same Stephanie’s own oh. She keeps postponing and postponing. I just hope she gets it over and done with this time.” Olivia replies. 


Danielle and Olivia are still talking and laughing about past events until Olivia gets a beep on her phone. - it’s a text message. 


“Sorry Olivia, I won’t be able to make it today. Maybe we could get a bite some other time. I can’t wait to devour your body and take in all of you.  Lots of love and kisses.” 


The message sends shivers to Olivia’s body which was involuntarily tensed. 


“Danny, read this message. This guy is smarter than we are, I’m sure he knew we didn’t want to meet him as well. He might be following us. What do I do? I’m so scared Danny.” Olivia says, with fear written all over her. 


 Danielle’s body goes rigid as she reads the message

 

“You’re absolutely right fruity. Let’s leave here right away.” Danielle says as she starts the ignition to drive off. 


It’s another Saturday and the girls are seated talking at Cara’s boutique. 




Danielle: Who wants to go first to tell us how their week went? 


Janet: preoccupied with her laptop as usual raises her head to talk. Well, mine was stressful as usual. Shooting here and there, eating great food, having not so great sex. You know, the same old stuff. 


Danielle: What? Not so great sex? At this age and era? Girl! You need to change your male circle. That’s one thing I’ll never tolerate. Uhmm mmm... she nods her head in disagreement. 


Olivia: she laughs lightly at Danielle’s comment. You guys already know my drill. Still searching for my missing rib. 


They all laugh in unison except from Cara who is carried away with texting on her phone.


Danielle: Mama Aiden? Cara? Mama Aiden!  Danielle yells. 


Cara: yes, yes, yes. I’m sorry. I got carried away. What did I miss? She responds blushing.


Danielle: Nothing you don’t already know. Who are you texting that is making you so distracted? Danielle says with a smirk.


Janet: Abi, making her blush so much. Her cheeks look so puffed. I mean they are already big but they look bigger. 


The girls laugh again. 


Cara: Can’t a young girl smile in her boutique? 


Danielle: Who is the man oh? Answer us. Danielle demands.


Cara: Weeeeell, It’s this guy I met recently. He’s so hot and so good looking. She says with a sugary voice. He came to buy clothes for his sister the other day and he collected my number. And since then, we’ve been texting day and night..


Olivia: Someone is in love! This love na wire o! 


Danielle: At least she met him for real unlike some people that’ll go through some dead ass dating site. She says and laughs sarcastically.


Janet: Olivia? You went to find love on a dating site? She says looking towards Olivia as they both laugh. 


Olivia: Danny! You’re seriously in trouble for this. She looks towards Janet and continues. I was desperate jor. Do you want me to die single? 


Cara: Definitely not babe. She replies Olivia. Don’t mind them, I know we’ll both find love someday...


Danielle: Preach girl! Preach! She exclaims


Cara: See ehn, I think I would get married as soon as possible. 


Janet: Married? Cara, you just met this guy please. Don’t tell me you guys are already thinking of marriage. She says and rolls her eyes in disbelieve. 


Cara: I mean if he’s serious and I’m serious, then why should I wait till I’m 50 years old? I’m sure Aiden would even like the idea. 


Danielle: Talking about marriage.. Where is Amanda? 


Cara: That’s true.. I didn’t even remember to call her. 


Olivia: How would you remember when you’re all about this new love of your life.. She says and winks at Cara.


Cara tosses a throw pillow at Olivia and whispers “naughty girl” 


Janet: So no one has heard from Amanda? Are we even sure she’s okay? 


Danielle: What if Lord of the rings finally broke up with her and she has committed suicide? 


“Dannieeeelleeee” the three others all yell in unison. 




Today’s accounting tip: Keep your financial records organized. 



#Mirandathefinale comes up this December. We cantttttttt wait 💃🏼














Comments

Popular Posts