Miranda. Episode 7. New thread.

 I heedlessly hung up on Raymond just seeing the man seated on the couch. And no, it wasn't Uncle Nnamdi, it was someone older and fatter, one could barely see his private part which was covered with his belle, yuck!
How can he be stark naked for heaven's sake, only Uncle Nnamdi attracted vituperation from me so I decided to keep my cool "Goodday sir, sorry for interrupting" I said filled with grimace and walked away briskly. I guess I'll be sleeping in our neighbor's room tonight.
Pepe definitely had some explaining to do as I wasn't aware our room had turned into a mini brothel. 

My phone rings again and it's a call from Nathan and I pick up smiling like..

Nathan: Hey Miranda, how are you? 
Miranda: hey nath!  I'm good, just tired  and you?
Nathan: Now better, hearing your voice makes everything better. I'll definitely have a beautiful sleep tonight as well. You remember you owe me a date right? 
Miranda: haha, I do? How come I don't recall? I ask smiling sheepishly 
Nathan: It was actually before the whole Desmond's issue, we were talking during this party you attended and you agreed to go out sometime. 
Miranda: oh that's true. Oh dear, I still miss Des you know. He was such a funny guy. 
Nathan: Not so sure about that but moving on, what do you say about hanging out on Friday evening? At least you won't have to rush back.
Miranda: I'll prefer Thursday though, I won't be available on Friday...
There's a clash and Raymond calls back as I keep talking to Nathan.

Nathan finally gets off the phone promising to call later and I call Raymond back..
Raymond: Who were you speaking to this late? Shouldn't you be in bed? 
And I'm like 


Mirandahello, you're neither my father nor my guardian. And why should my calls concern you? Ermm,  is there a particular reason you called ?
Raymond: I'm sorry Mira, I was just concerned and decided to check up on you. You abruptly hung up and I got worried. 
Miranda: Well that doesnt give you a right to question my calls. I'm fine, thanks. And if that's all, I'll like to go to bed now. Talk some other time. 

At Aunt Maria's house
Maria: Dinner is served, that's if you're hungry. 
Reynold stands up, goes over to the dining room and opens the bowls 
Reynold: I'm not interested in swallow tonight, isn't there any pasta? 
Maria: There probably is but it's quite late, I can't cook anything else. Do well to manage. 
Reynold:  I should manage some stinking swallow in my house? 
Maria: Well, I'm your wife Reynold and not some designated cook. How was I expected to read your thoughts when you rarely speak to me. I'm tired and I'll rather not argue tonight. 
Reynold: Tired from what? Probably from sleeping with all the men in town, how shameless! 
Reynold always made sly innuendoes..

Maria: I know you're only trying to get on my nerves...
Reynold: What nerves? I'm aware that's not my child Maria, I'm not stupid. 
Maria: What do you mean it's not your child? What are you talking about? 
Reynold: So you're not only shameless but even deaf? Haha 
Maria: I won't exchange words with you right now (she says about to go upstairs). 
Reynold: Because you don't have the guts to Maria, I know I'm sterile and there's no way that's my kid. 
Maria: Is that why you chose to be gay? 






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts