Miranda. Episode 8. New thread.

Reynold: So, you're not only shameless but also foolish. I've always been gay, always liked men and always will. The society wouldn't accept it and my family being so known wouldn't accept it either. My sexuality cannot be remedied. 
Maria: But why would you choose to put me in such bondage? Why Reynold? Why after so many years? 
Reynold:  I'm almost 50 Maria, you really think I wanted to get married? My family chose this not me. The pressure was out of this world. Don't you remember we dated for so long? 
She bursts into tears as she begins yelling 
Maria: How didn't I ever notice? How!!!

She goes upstairs and picks up her phone to dial a number

Maria: Hello, the cover has been blown. My husband knows I cheated on him and he's aware he isn't the father of my baby.
Other person: What? How? When? 

At Raymond's Room
"Shit shit shit, I messed up ughhh" he yells hitting his head against the wall.
He begins searching for his box, his magic box as he usually described it. The box helped him cool off and let off all the steam. 
"I'm sure she was talking to Nathan, that good for nothing. Why couldn't she just pick me instead? What does he have that I don't? I even say the nicest things ughhh" he exclaims, takes a small knife and cuts himself. He watches as his hand gushes out with blood and he's relieved once again. 

Thursday at Miranda's Apartment
Pepe comes in and takes a seat on her bed yawning tiredly. 
Miranda: So madam Pepe, you didn't inform me you were about turning our room to a brothel.
Pepe: Ahn ahn, what do you mean? 
Pepe asks turning towards Miranda.
Miranda: First was uncle Nnamdi and the other day was another obesed man. I mean how do you do it? 
Pepe: Uncle Nnamdi? How do you know him? Ah bad girl! 
Miranda: Well he's my aunt's husband. He was the one I almost slept with the first time you took me to the club. 
Pepe: oh oh oh my goodness! Does he know? I mean have you guys hooked up after then? Give me the whole gist. 
Miranda: No, ew stop! What's that? That man is shameless, he even threatened to change the whole story if I ever told my aunt. Can you imagine! Back to my point, you need to start being discrete about all your paroles. You keep forgetting you have a roommate. 
Pepe: Babe, I'm sorry. I was planning to apologize yesterday but I was too tired. I followed the man home and he no gree me rest, he went over 7 rounds and he sabi fire die. Na snoring pursue me go sef. 
Miranda: You can never change this girl. 

Miranda is distracted and is smiling at her  phone..

Pepe: This one you're smiling, who are you talking to? 
Miranda: it's Nathan, you remember the guy that saved my life? He's taking me out tonight. 

Mira and Nathan head over to a fancy restaurant with astonishing Christmas decorations. 

Miranda: This place is really pretty Nath, do you come her often?
Nathan: I'm glad you like it and no I don't, a friend spoke about it and I decided to try it out. 

The waitress walks over to their table and hands them the meal pamphlet. 

Miranda: I'll have this, this and this with water please. 
Nathan: I'll go with whatever she ordered as well, she has good taste.
He says smiling at Mira.  

The waitress takes their order and walks away. There's a moment of silence which Nathan breaks 

Nathan: Sooo, can I assume you're single at the moment? 
Miranda: Yeah I am, it's been a while actually. 
Nathan: Mira, I'm aware we haven't known each other for so long but ever since the day at the library, I haven't been able to get you out of my mind and I'm not sure if this is the right time or....

Nathan is interrupted by the phone call Miranda gets. 

Miranda: sorry, I have to take this.
She says to Nathan 

Raymond happens to be the caller 
Raymond: hey Mira, how are you doing?
Miranda: Very well Ray, how are you?
Raymond: Very good babe. I was just wondering if you'll like to hangout sometime..
Miranda: yeah sure, why not. Can I call you back later? 
Raymond: oh you're busy? Aren't you at your apartment or something? 
Miranda: Are you really questioning me yet again? Ray, I'll talk to you later. Goodnight.

And Miranda hangs up. 

Nathan: Is there a problem? 
Miranda: No, everything is fine. 
She replies smiling 
Nathan: Alright dear, so as I was saying, I'm not sure if this is the right time or place but I've always been fond of you and....

Nathan gets a call and is interrupted 
Nathan: Hello, wassup? 
Aunt Maria: There's no time for familiarization Nathan, I need to see you right now. 




 







Comments

  1. The interplay of names btw Reynold and George is outright annoying, pick one name for goodness sake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over 7 rounds??? Secondly, Ray is bad news....And Nathan..I hope its not what I'm thinking tho...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts