RAGE.

 "Hello, I'm Annalisa Powell and I've got an appointment with Dr Oliver" I said.
 "Oh Goodday! By 12pm?" The secretary asked checking through her computer.
 "You may take a seat ma'am, you'll be called in shortly" she said. 
 "Oh thank you" I replied. 

 "I think we need therapy Richard, we can't go on like this. We never seem to call a truce, our marriage is gra gr gradually..
 "Crumbling?" Richard said interrupting.
 "Well yes!" I said.
 "Then go if you want to, I don't wish to be involved"
 "But Richard, we both need this"
 "Maybe YOU need this, I might be a little less busy but definitely not interested in some shitty therapy, I don't think I want to have this conversation anymore" he said as he walked out. 
 "But Richard! Richard! Richard!"

I was startled out of my reverie by a loud call of my name. 
 "Mrs Annalisa! Ma'am! Mrs Annalisa! The  doctor can see you now" the secretary said almost shouting.
 "Oh I'm so sorry, thank you" I said as I walked to his office. 

 "Goodday Mrs Powell" he said politely 
 "Goodday Doctor Oliver"
 "Take a seat ma'am, I well hope these sessions are of help" 
 "I hope so too. You can call me Anna by the way. 
 "Sooo, Anna, what is the situation at hand?"
 "Well, Doctor I'm having problems with my marriage" 
 "Sounds disturbing, especially with that look on your face. Aren't you and your husband supposed to be having this therapy?" 
 "It's more than that Doctor , I can't exactly explain what's going on between us, I mean myself and Richard my husband. And about coming together, He vehemently refused to come (sigh). He's a bit feisty" I said filled with grimace.
 "Okay Anna, I guess we'll start from inception. How long have you been married?" 
 "Four years, precisely we'll be four years next week" 
 "That's good! Any kids?"
 "None yet, but with the way things are, I don't think there'll be anytime soon"
 "Have you both ever discussed having kids?"
 "To be honest, not really. I mean we're still early in our marriage"
 "How often do you guys fight or argue?"
 "Well, almost everyday for the past year. It's been months of rancorous disputes, we just never seem to agree." 
 "Has he ever abused you? Like hit you?"
 "Not physically but I'll say emotionally. Richard is rather generous with words"
 "Now that's something" he said scribbling something in his book. "Where did you both first meet?" He asked.
 (Sigh) "We met at a night club" I said as I slightly guffawed. "I was a total mess that  night. I can't even recall how I ended up at the club because sincerely I've always been so demure and pious" 
 "Would you like a cup of tea before we move on?"
 "No thanks, water would do"

I was offered a cup of  water by his secretary. 

 "I remember my parents just recently got separated and I was such a wreck. I was drinking at the bar and unbeknownst to me, Richard paid for all my bottles before I could object"
 "Sounds like something more spicy happened" 
 "Well, he surprisingly appeared behind me just as I was about leaving the restroom. I remember him talking a bit, we barely introduced ourselves as I wasn't paying attention. But we ended up mak making out" 
 "You only made out?"...(To be continued) 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts