RAGE. Part 2

 I smiled as I replied "of course Doctor, we were going to advance but we were interrupted, so I left out of embarrassment"
 "Hmmmm, so no exchange of names or numbers?"
 "None of that, but I guess faith found a way to bring us together" 
 "Would you describe your relationship as a friendly one?"
 "Yes, why not?" I asked rhetorically 
 "How often do you both sit down to discuss issues pertaining to either family or work?" 
 "Err, thinking about it now, not quite often. Like I said, we hardly ever talk"
 "I see" he said as he scribbled something in his book again. 
 "Okay Anna, I guess our session for today is over" 
 "Oh wow, it went so fast. It feels good to talk to someone"
 "Hope to see you tomorrow ma'am"
 "Most definitely, I hope this works as well"

 I arrived home quite early to make dinner for us with hopes that I could convince him this time. 8pm, 10pm, 12am and still no sign of him. 

 "Seems the bedroom no longer gives you comfort" he said as his voice echoed in the dining room. 
 "Oh you're back" I said yawning and looked up at the clock to see it was past 1am. "I waited for you all night. Just hold on, I can quickly microwave dinner"
 "I'm not hungry" he said as he walked towards the stairs
 "But baby, at least eat something. It took a lot to make this"
 "But I'm not HUNGRY! Am I expected to force food down my throat? I've had a long day, I don't have time for this"
 "Time for your wife you mean? Richard wait!" I exclaimed. 
 "What do you want from me?" He said mid way through the stairs.
 "I just want to talk. I started therapy today and it was good"
 "Okay? That's it?"
 "Common Richard, it won't be bad if we both went together. Why must you be so antsy?"
 "And why must you be so puerile? I already refused and I'll repeat this for the last time, I'M NOT INTERESTED" 
 And once again, I couldn't hold back the tears 


 "Yes Doctor, my effort at euphemism still played out wrong, Richard and I can never talk without offending each other."
 "Let's take things slowly Anna. What does Richard do for a living?"
 "He works in a beverage firm"
 "He's been there for how long?" 
 "Ever since I've known him actually, but just recently I think he begun specializing in the advertising segment"
 "Is he happy about this development?"
 "I'm not so sure Doctor because his earnings equally changed"
 "What do you do Anna?"
 "I own a boutique, although I used to work at a bank"
 "Any reasons why you stopped working there?" 
 "Richard insistently complained it took most of my time"
 "Were you in support of it?"
 "Well, not really. But it was quite stressful"
 "Do you still consider Richard the bread winner?"
 "Of course, He is the bread winner. I mean, I still contribute my own quota in the best possible way"
 "Men feel inferior if their wives happen to earn more and he could most likely be passing through that phase"
 "But but, I honestly thought he was fine with the boutique idea"
 "We haven't concluded about the cause of the problem yet, so let's try to be calm" he said as he took a sip from his tea. 
 "Does your husband socialize?"
 "Yes, he has quite a number of friends but his closest is Douglas. They've been friends since high school"
 "Have you tried talking to any of his friends about the problems you both have?"
 "I never saw a reason to because sincerely, I don't even know what's wrong either"
 "How often do his friends visit?"
 "They seldom do recently, it's more like Richard shut down the rest of the world"
 "Even Douglas?"
 "Yes."



 "Good evening, we were invited to Jane's Spa reopening. She'd love us to attend" I said as I entered the study. 
 "I'm not quite sure I have time to mingle, I will if I can." He said while typing on his laptop.
 "Are you coming downstairs for dinner?"
 "I already ate out"
 "Wow! Another wasted effort, I guess there's no point cooking since I always eat alone." I said as I turned to leave the study. 

 I stopped just as I was about opening the door
 "Richard? Can we please talk? 
 "Can we talk already sounds like an anthem in this house, I'm not ready for an aimless chit chat"
 "I'm not here to prattle Richard, I just want us to talk like civilized people."
 "Fine, I'm listening."...






Comments

Popular Posts