Miranda. Episode 5. New thread

 "Uncle Nnamdi? What do you, I mean what are you doing here?" I asked surprised.
 "Won't you invite me in?" He asked smiling as I moved away so he could walk in.



 "Don't you think we should cut off all of these formalities or did you think I wouldn't eventually recognize you? Well I'll say it was pretty difficult cause you looked totally different that night". He said 
 "But you haven't still answered' I said impatiently.


 "Oh oh, I'm not exactly here to see you. I'm here to see Pepe but I couldn't do that without seeing our favorite niece" he replied. 
 "As you see, she isn't around. Why didn't you give her a call?" I asked. 
 "Oh I did. She should be on her way, she mentioned her roommate was good company by the way. I'm guessing you didn't tell her about the ordeal of the other day" he said mischievously. 
 "I also don't expect you to go running your mouth to your aunt either except you have a reasonable explanation to why you were in my hotel room that night " he said as he spread his arms around the couch.
 "Pepe should be here soonest, I'm going  out now". I said as I got hold of my handbag 


 Police investigation concerning Desmond's Case.
Officer Jude: hello Mr Jason 
Jason: Goodday, I'm not exactly sure why I'm here.
Officer Jude: Well as already mentioned, it's concerning the deceased Desmond.
Jason: okay? We weren't even friends. So why am I involved in this?
Officer Jude: We heard you guys had a fight sometime or rather fights concerning your ex Alicia.
Jason: Well that's perfectly normal, people fight everyday. It couldn't have been necessarily because of Alicia. 
Officer Jude: According to Alicia, you've not been over her ever since the breakup and Desmond was always there for her.
Jason: Sorry, are we here to discuss my private life? 
Officer Jude: We have every reason to believe you murdered him out of jealousy. 
Jason: Excuse me? We weren't best of friends but I wouldn't kill for any reason whatsoever. 
Office Jude: Admit it already! He was your rival and you wanted him out of the way 
Jason: Rival? Nah, I think I'm done with this investigation, you have no right to accuse me! 
Officer Jude: That should be all for now Mr Jason.

Miranda's POV
I had just finished my meal at Fine & Dine and decided to take a walk to the garden. I was so lost in my thoughts as I kept thinking about everything Uncle Nnamdi said "I wonder what business he has to do with Pepe" I said to myself. 

 I was at the sidewalk of the basketball court when I felt a shower of water 
 "Oh my goodness" I exclaimed looking like
"Oh I'm so sorry, it wasn't intentional" the young boy said. He looked about 16 or 17 and his dirty shoes proved he had just played a sport. 
Just as I'm about to reply, I get interrupted by this dapper looking stranger 


 "Hey hey, it's fine. Williams you have to be careful next time with that hose". He said to the young boy. 
 "Hey beautiful, why don't we get you a change of clothes. I should have a spare shirt somewhere in the changing room" he said smiling. 
 "Oh that'll be really nice" I said almost shivering. 
 "Not a bother, by the way my name's Raymond"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts