Miranda episode 5

Who knew I'll sleep so deep to even miss my lecture and to think I set an alarm.
It was a Tuesday night but the road was extra busy. I got to my room by 10:30pm.
Pepe cultivated the habit of always locking the door, well the doors since we had another leading to the backyard. At times, I would stand endlessly knocking. I even began knocking when it wasn't locked.
I rushed into the room, I heard sounds from the bathroom. I couldn't tell if they were moans or people grumbling. I assumed Pepe to be asleep, I guess I was wrong.
The door made this loud noise at the opening but they seemed very distracted as no one noticed. "Pepe and men, this girl is never tired" I couldn't be bothered, I took off my clothes, put on my night wear and went to bed.
It felt like I slept for just two hours the next morning, all I could think of during my 9am class was my rice at 'Fine and Dine'.
As usual, the place was crowded, I hurriedly ordered my rice and chicken, it felt like I hadn't eaten for years.
   "Hey pretty lady, what's good?
It was Desmond, the bug that wouldn't let me be. I sincerely thought he came by to settle the bill but apparently he came to 'rant' as always. We had English classes together and I always prayed he didn't show up.
   "Well everything, how are you today?
   "I'm glorious mehn, seeing your smile is enough for me" I forgot to mention, he always had his way with words. No doubt, he was good looking but I never felt the attraction.
  "Mira, there's this cool restaurant I'll like to show you, I'm sure you'll love it" he said
Other times, it was a park, a club, or joint, a bar. He always knew somewhere new. Maybe if I agreed this time, he'll finally let me be.
   "Alright, that's fine. Let's meet up by 7pm.
We didn't go together to the restaurant as Desmond claimed to be stuck in traffic so he just described it briefly.
The place seemed really nice, Valentine was over a week old but they still retained its decorations.
Desmond arrived about an hour later. "Take anything Mira, I'm here to spoil you"  He kept ordering like he just hit a jackpot. I wasn't a greedy person so I ordered something affordable.
We talked, ate, laughed, talked some more. He wasn't interested in school stuff as he always drifted whenever the topic came up.
It was getting late already, I called on the waiter
  "How much is the bill?" Desmond asked
  "35,600 sir"
  "Oh alright, I expected more" ehn? What did we eat for 35k already? I said to myself.
Desmond seemed in disarray,
   "oh shit, it appears my wallet fell out, let me check the gents quickly, I'll be right back. You guys use POS right?"
  "Yes sir"
  "You use both Master and visa card right?"
  "Yes sir"
Des definitely looked more than 35,600, so I sat drinking my last cup of wine......

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts