Miranda Episode 4

I told no one about my ordeal with Uncle Nnamdi especially Pepe, I didn't want anyone laughing at me. Thinking back, I was happy he couldn't recognise me ; thanks to Pepe who used up almost everything in her makeup kit that night. What would I have told my parents? What would my Aunt think of me?
It was two weeks to mid semester and I sincerely couldn't wait. I needed a break from all the drama at school and my room.

After four basic classes, I was heavy-eyed. I suspected hunger considering the fact that I slept really early last night. The pace at which I finished my jollof rice was amazing. Fine & Dine remained my favourite restaurant, their chefs were always so friendly.
I had about an hour, thirty minutes before my next class and decided to read a book or two. No way was it going to be 'school related", atleast one of those 'singles' books.
Before getting to that section of the library, my eyes peered a book titled 'common sense is not common' I chuckled faintly "is this for real?" I picked it up and immediately took a seat.
A million things crossed my mind as I opened the book, I thought of Pepe's friends Jacinta and Loretta. They were her favourite friends more like best friends since they visited almost everyday. They seemed like sisters but the only similarity was their complexion to Pepe's. Loretta was the finer one of the duo but she had this familiar smell to onions.
I preferred Jacinta to Loretta, she spoke less. Loretta lacked decorum, she could say a million things in a second, she was certainly worse than Pepe. Jacinta always sat on my bed to gist, at first I was very uncomfortable cause I thought "hey, she could be practicing theft" but not once was an item missing. She would occasionally offer me drinks, hugs and compliments.
Just as I thought about her, I got a call. It was Mr Nicholas, the manager of Fine and Dine. He was such a flirty person, his lips were extremely pink due to continuous licking. He could drool for anything on skirt. He has been chyking me for a while yet he was married with a kid. He was more than 10 years my age.
He invited me to have ice cream, it was my favorite blue bunny oreos filled one. Maybe I was wrong to tell him so much about myself. I hadn't taken it in months so I swiftly agreed. I had about an hour till my class so there was no rush.
He bought the biggest pack so we could share, he made it seem like it was a romantic date. Ewww.
   "Would you want some for your friends?"
   "Nah, I have a class soon. Before I get back, it'll be all melted. Next time maybe"
We talked for a while. We spoke on fashion and marriage even though he kept on diverting asking about my relationship status. He was beginning to bore me..
   "I can't believe my eyes, isn't this nick?" Mr Nicholas glanced briefly at the lady but didn't respond. There were many empty tables so it ought to be his 'nick' I said to myself.
She approached our table "Nick, why haven't you been picking my calls" Women were fond of asking questions and answering themselves.
   "Oh, its this waste bin that you've been  wasting your time on, is that it?" One thing I couldn't take in my life were insults. I had a degree at defending people especially myself.
   "Excuse me, be careful with your words. I can hear you perfectly"
   "Was I whispering? The purpose is for you to hear well. You're like every other slut, he's using ice cream to woo you. My dear you don't own him.
   "Kesha let's discuss outside please" he said
   "Did I hear discuss? All the while I called, didn't you ignore?"
I got irritated, I stood up ready to leave.
   "I'm not done with you, come back" she drew me back really hard, I waved her hand off with a slap to her face. She was about returning it...
           SMACK SMACK SMACK
   "hello hello, the library is about to be shut"
   "How dare you" I shouted from my dream.. Only to see the new librarian who happened to be "Kesha"
   "Oh shit, I'm late for my class" I stood quickly
   "I think you already missed it, its almost 9pm"
                  No way!!!! I rushed out....

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts