Miranda. episode 2

Resuming late was truly terrible. But Miranda Anukwe had to get a place to stay. I finally got a mini apartment with two rooms ; two beds in each, meaning two girls in each room. Each room had a single toilet & bathroom but we all shared a kitchen located outside the rooms.

I didn't care who my roommate was but I only hoped she could mind her business and take a shower always. I couldn't bear body odour.
I had an average family of two girls and two guys. Being the first kid wasn't so exciting as my siblings were still little atleast they were to my parents. We didn't live in luxury, we only ever got what we genuinely needed.
My parents finally paid for the apartment and I moved in two days later. I thought of going in to ask for help "what if I'm snubbed?" "Its better I carry them myself since its not so heavy" yes, I had just a medium sized box with two fancy bags. Maybe not so fancy but they were the finest bags at home.
I entered the room and it felt crowded. Apparently, my roommate possessed over 4 boxes with bags lying here and there. I felt intimidated.
I walked quickly to my bedside to drop my bags, although my eyes were still on her beautiful belongings.
      "Hello, what's your name?"
      "I'm Mira, I mean Miranda. I didn't notice I was stammering
      "Yours?"
      "Oh I'm Pepe"
I swear I heard 'pepper', this world is really something else. Why would a parent name a child 'pepper' I said to myself.
      "Nice meeting you pepper" 
She laughed really loud, I wondered what seemed so funny until she said "its pepe"  such a dimwit I was.
      "I'm so sorry pepe, but are all these yours?"
      "Well, yes. I couldn't bring all my stuff, it was really difficult finding a good place and this happens to be smaller than I expected". Did I hear smaller? This was enough for my parents or maybe their pockets.
Pepe looked like a really big girl. She was more than 20 years of age, I knew that for sure. But nowadays no one could ever tell. I was going to be 19 in a few months but my family friends never believed. Even my high school friends thought I was older.
Our friendship was rapid. She seemed like a really cool babe. I immediately forgot my 'driving solo' principle and stood by my luggage gisting. Pepe was obviously a talkative, she said a millon things within a minute.
The stuff that came out of Pepe's mouth were unbelievable. But who was I to doubt her? She looked every bit of her words. She claimed to have visited the UK, the U.S, Canada, Germany, Italy and Dubai just within four months. Is this babe a pilot?

I had only been to Dubai for about two weeks during my grade 10 holidays. My favourite aunt took me along with her kids since her husband was never around, I took his space on this trip. I didn't talk a lot about this travelling subject before I fumble.
Pepe invited me to sit on her bed since it was already laid, I didn't notice I had been standing for about an hour. She received a call and stood up to pick her phone at the charging spot, she looked pretty excited by the call.
Immediately she was done, she said "That's my latest guy. He'll soon be coming to take me out for dinner, I'm so hungry. She came back to sit and was going through her phone.
      "Eh hen these are the shoes I spoke about"
What was that stink? I wasn't sure if it smelt like a soak away, a gutter or spoilt beans. The odour was terrible.
      "Its trending now" she eventually said 
  I almost threw up , it was 'Pepe's mouth'
"You can go through"....

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts