Miranda. episode 1

O M G ! This place is certainly larger than I imagined. Too many activities were happening at a time. People rushing off to various classes, girls laughing loud, others showing PDA (public display of affection). I felt so lost.
I had no friend to inform me of when registration begun fully and it was two weeks overdue. I messed up forming 'miss solo'
   Whew! I was finally done with a phase and decided to get a bottle of water at the cafeteria. As I walked in, a table of 3 guys seemed in such a haste. They almost swallowed their plates in a hurry. I chuckled. 'University of Kareo was truly a place to be'.



                        S N A P !!
   I remembered I was directed to the library to get a list of books I would be needing. It was also an opportunity to take a good look at them. The library wasn't so close but at least I knew it'll be less noisy.
An arrow pointed to the receptionist's table, I got the list and decided to quickly peer at them before leaving.
   Passing two shelves and I couldn't still recognise any book on the list. I was getting tired. I immediately took interest in the book titled '101 answers for singles' they say 'like attracts like' I had been single for so long I forgot what it entails to be in a relationship.
Trying to take out the book, five others fell to the ground. Shit! I earned the attention I didn't ask for. I felt embarrassed. It was such an awkward moment.
   I knew people were staring at me. But this particular gaze felt intact, I looked back at them, I mean him. This guy was FINE. A normal eye contact wouldn't take more than 10 seconds but this glance was intense. He knew I knew he was staring. It was intentional.
   "I'm sure he thinks I'm stupid' I said to myself. I quickly stood up and searched for a book in my bag. I needed to be distracted, thank goodness I found. I swiftly wrote the title of the book so I could purchase next time.  "Should I walk quickly out of here"? "No this fine boy wouldn't only think I'm stupid but a total moron". I decided to walk 'normally'
 
  To my surprise "Mr fine boy" had already packed his books ready to leave while I was conversing with myself. I felt bliss in my heart. "was he coming to meet me"? this is more than a coincidence. I decided to drag my feet a bit so we could hook up at the exit like in those nollywood movies.
     "Excuse me please"  his voice couldn't be described as 'deep' it was 'INTENSE'. I took a moment before turning back only to hear, "Are you staying back or leaving?  I'll like to pass".  Fuck! I hurriedly moved....
  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts