Miranda. Episode 6. New thread

 After going through my locker, I see the right shirt for Miranda "here you go, this should fit you" I said nicely.
"Oh wow, thanks a lot Raymond. Oh silly me, I'm Miranda, Miranda Anukwe" she said. 
"Yeah, I know that already"
"Let me just get this changed, I'll be right out" she says looking very cold. 
"Alright, go ahead" I reply quickly. 
God knows how hard it is to control myself around her, I've had a crush on her for a long while now but seeing my shirt on her gives me great delight. I guess the whole idea of the water splash wasn't a waste of time, I thought about it for some days and the smug on my face clearly deserves an award. If she couldn't  notice me as a course mate then I better act as a hero. 

 She snaps me out of my reverie
 "your shirt's nice, thanks again. I really appreciate." 
 "It's fine seriously, it certainly looks better on you, I mean anything you wear suits you perfectly" I said smiling.
 "Thank you very much, you're really kind. Just wondering why you don't seem familiar" she said.
 "We attend just a few similar classes and I must say your beauty cannot be overlooked" I said. "I mean it doesn't really matter if you didn't notice me, at least you do now. So where are you headed? Are you going to have lunch?"
 "No, I already did. Was just taking a walk. But I'll be headed home soon, nice meeting you Raymond."
 "Same here Mira, I guess we'll see around" I said as she walks away. 

Nathan's Police Investigation 
Officer Jude: Goodday Mr Nathan... 
Nathan: Nathan Roberts, Goodday to you too. 
Officer Jude: We suppose you were good friends with the deceased Desmond.
Nathan: Yes, positive. 
Officer Jude: We're also aware that you both had some unsettled issues some months before he died.
Nathan: But if you're already aware, why am I here though? 
Officer Jude: For us to get along, you need to be very cooperative mister. I need to know more about this issue. 
Nathan: (sigh) Well, Desmond found out about my affair with this lady and took advantage of it. 
Officer Jude: Mr Nathan, I'm sure you wouldn't want to stay here all day, cause I have all the time in the world. I need a detailed explanation of what happened. 
Nathan: Okay, fine. At first, he was cool about it until he started blackmailing me, asking for outrageous amounts of money, threatening the lady and all sort. And he was always so antsy whenever he requested payments, he became a totally different person. 
Officer Jude: Did he ever stop before he died?
Nathan: Well, I can't say. Cause he had his moments, more like every two weeks of a month. I think he only asked when he was in desperate need. 
Officer Jude: Whats the identity of this lady in question?
Nathan: Sorry officer, but I think that is out of line. I was the only one who made all the payments, I mean she assisted sometimes but I don't think they ever met  separately. 
Officer Jude: Were you always so willing to grant him payment?
Nathan: Definitely not, he was ripping me off and he kept threatening to do a lot of stuff y'know 
Officer Jude: What stuff are you talking about?
Nathan: He threatened to ruin my reputation and thereby killing my chances with this certain babe. 
Officer Jude: Isn't that enough reason to want him out of your way? And it so happened that you were at the crime scene, just the right cherry on the cake I must say. 
Nathan: That was a mere coincidence, I went to use the bathroom and seeing Miranda lying there was a shock and I...
Officer Jude: I don't believe in coincidences goddamit (he says as he hits the table hard) 
Nathan: Officer, I don't know what you're trying to imply but I don't have a hand in his death, that I'm sure of. 
Officer Jude: That should be all for now, we'll be in touch Mr Nathan, we definitely will. 

 Back at my apartment, I'm totally exhausted and all I have in mind is to take a shower and retire to bed. I hear my phone ring as I walk into the compound, I briskly wave at Emmanuel the gateman before answering the call 
"Hello"
"Oh hi, it's Raymond, I just wanted to find out if you got home safely since you left in a hurry" he said 
"Yeah I did, thanks. Even though I don't remember dropping my number...." I said.
"Oh that, I got it from one of our course mates"

 I'm still on the phone talking while I'm walking to my room and turn the doorknob and I'm welcomed by the most irritating and disturbing sight...










Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts