Mira. Episode 3. New thread.

NOTE
I promised to always discuss doubts from previous episodes. 
So incase you're wondering who Aunt Maria is, she is Miranda's aunt from thread 1, who happened to have marital issues. 
George Anukwe is Aunt Maria's brother and also Miranda's father. 
Any other unfamiliar names in continuous episodes would serve as new characters. 

I hope we enjoy the new thread. 

Raymond's POV
I picked up the phone already uninterested in whoever was calling as the number looked strange. 
   "Hey baaaaby, why did it take you so long to pick up"? I recognized loretta's squeaky voice, she had become such a pest in my life and often thought we were a couple. She continued "I've missed you so much baby. I really want some sugar, last time at the park was sooooo good" she said.
 I and Loretta had had a couple quickies in the past. I had gotten close to her when I found out she was best friends with Mira's roommate Pepe. I never saw her as an ideal girlfriend, I even wondered how she had my number. 
   "Loretta, isn't this too late to be calling?" I began deepening my voice so as to sound hostile "as you said "last time" I'll call you when there's a need and moreover it's been weeks ago since we were at the park. And, if you need some 'sugar' check your cupboard or something. I'm really busy, so bye." I said and hung up. I knew she wouldn't dare call back with the way I sounded. 
 The feeling of angst crawled back as I looked into my laptop and I didn't know what to reply. After ten minutes, I sent 
         "how you doing?"
I waited for about 30 minutes with no reply and it seemed she wasn't online anymore. I felt so much anger as I threw my phone against the door. 

Two months earlier...

Nathan's POV
 I decided to meet up with Desmond at his family house, it was the weekend and we definitely needed to talk. I looked around the porch as I pressed the ringer. I'd have preferred to sit out here like we used to but I didn't want people hearing us. 
 The help Mrs rose opened the door within a few minutes with a bright smile. She had the body of a middle aged woman but was probably in her late forties/early fifties, she was really nice according to Desmond and had been here since he was born. After exchanging pleasantries, she told me where to find Desmond. 
   "Hey man, what's up?" I said a bit nervous as he looked up to me 
   "Nath nath, how come you didn't tell me you were coming? I'm alright, what's good?"
   "Well, I just wanted to see you to discuss the issue of the other day and... 
I started stuttering, the topic seemed embarrassing 
   "About you and the lady? You're my guy na, why do you need to explain?" 
   "I know, and it was an awkward situation and you work with....
   "Haha, no need mehn, it's one life so enjoy it."
   "I just thought..." I started 
   "Thought I'll go talking? Nah, I know I'll need your help sometime, so no qualms" he said as we shook hands. 

Alicia's POV
 I looked at him with scrutiny trying to understand what was going on in his head, his pretty head. I knew he was trying to avoid eye contacts with me as he continued scribbling something in his book. We had a few similar classes together. Jason and I were together for two years, the two best years of my life; two years that felt like two weeks, I could never get enough of him. I still remember his long body, all hard with delicious muscles and his birth mark just beside his belle button. I smiled as I remembered how he loved it whenever I played with his really short hair. 

I never understood his withdrawal, he was a shadow of himself for months. I remember when he asked for 'space', I thought he needed a week or two to think but that space wasn't ever enough for him. He never spoke about the issue bothering him, even his close friends had no idea. He shut out the whole world. 

Oh, how much I loved him even after eight months of our break up but how long was I prepared to wait for a chicken to fight his problems? I was always ready to listen, to love him and even fight the damn problems with him. His feelings for me were still evident, I was quite sure of that. I suspected family problems as his family was influential or a terminal illness which I sincerely didn't mind. 

Recently, all he looked was tired, his hair and beards were overgrown. I knew he got a haircut at least twice a month, I wasn't sure he had had one in 5 months. Despite looking so rough, he still looked beautiful. 

I was brought out of my reverie when I heard my phone ringing, it was Desmond. He had become so nice to me, dropping me off at home almost everyday and buying me lunch. I had been so alone lately and some loving won't hurt. 
I caught Jason glare at us a couple times we were together and it always confirmed how much he wanted me back. 

I was walking to meet Desmond outside school was I saw Jason giggling with some girl beside his car. They looked quite happy together and jealousy creeped into my soul "maybe he was over me" I thought to myself. 

Desmond was standing beside his car and I unabashedly grabbed him by his shirt and kissed him, he looked really suprised but happy as I deepened the kiss and he wrapped his arms around my waist. It felt good but not great. 
I heard footsteps coming along and I was pulled away.......


   

Comments

  1. Who pulled her????? 😭😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's getting more exciting !

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. was it the jealous Jason.
    Episode 4 please ? 🙂 😟

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts