Miranda. Episode 8

 Anytime I tried to run from the drama, it grew stronger. Dr Reynold managed to rush Aunt Maria to the hospital. I hope nothing happens because my Dad would definitely deal with that devil.

 I almost forgot it was already Monday and I had a class by 10 which couldn't be missed. I got to my mini apartment at about 8:15 totally exhausted. Immediately I entered the room, Pepe sat up looking in the mood for a conversation.
   "Hey Mimi " she finally said.

   "Hey" I replied.
   "So how are you? I haven't seen you in days, went home for the weekend?" She asked.
   "I'm alright, yeah I did" I replied as I tried sorting some books.
   "Oh, good. Err about what happened the other day, it....
   "Pepe, I totally understand your choice of sexuality, you don't have to exp...
   "Wait, I do. We should have gone somewhere more private I guess cause not everyone would love to see two ladies getting down and....

   
"Pepe, er that's enough. Don't you think? I said already looking irritated. "But I have a question though, are you bi?
   "Well...
And my phone beeps, it's my reminder of getting to the bookshop before 9:30.
   "I guess this conversation could wait, I have a class soon" I said picking up my bag.
   "Alright Mimi, have a nice day" she said looking some sort embarrassed.

 Asides me, it seemed like everyone enjoyed the lecture, it couldn't decide if it was totally boring or I had my mind occupied with other stuffs.
I was about paying for my lunch when I saw my cheque.
Thank goodness! Finally, something to cheer me up. I headed to the bank straight away.

 The queue at the bank was frustrating. Monday's were just too busy. I just hoped I could be attended to before they close for the day.
   "Excuse me young lady, the line is extremely long and I really need to get money for my son's treatment, do you mind if I got attended to before you?"
What? I was next to talk to the cashier but at the same time, I didn't want to seem so mean, sigh.
   "Well, ma the thing is err, you can stay. Hope your kid gets well soon.
   "Thank you dear, you're far too kind"  she said.
I could swear she looked familiar, and I couldn't remember her face having any kids. But oh well.

It was finally my turn to talk to the lady at the counter.
   "Good morning ma'am" the cashier said.
   "Good morning" I said smiling as I handed the cheque to her along with my identification card.
I waited while she checked a few things on her computer.
 
   "Ms Miranda, the account numbers here tally but the surnames don't, but that could be sorted. She emphasized on the 'could' with no particular reason.
She continued "But due to the frequent fraud at the bank as a result of forged signatures and all, we'll like to get a confirmation from Mr Desmond, that is if it's Desmond Brukes or Johnson"
   "Okay" was all I managed to say......


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts