Miranda. Episode 10.

   "Mmhm hmmn, what's that smell? Pepe? Did you spill any drugs?" I said trying to lean against the head board of the bed.
   "Heyyyy, not so fast. I mean calm down, you need to rest" he said trying to put me back to bed. 
   "Wait, what's going on? Who are you? And why am I here?"
   "Well I found you unconscious in the gents bath... 
And then I remembered , my head started pounding more than it was already. 

   "Des, where's Desmond? Where's he? Please tell me he's fine and alive" I said almost shouting. "I swear that's how I saw him, someone choked him, oh lord I hope he's alive" I said sobbing.


   "Hey, I know you didn't. You need more rest than tears" he said.
   "You Doo? But how? You don't even know me" I said 
   "You don't strike me as a killer though, mere thought I'd say" he said whilst we heard a mild knock before the door opened. 

   "Hello young lady, I'm Doctor King. How do you feel now?" 
   "Asides from my head hurting a lot, I think all is fine" 
   "Well it should, you hit your head hard against the floor. Be thankful to the young lad who brought you early enough". 
   "Oh well, thanks a lot young lad" i said emphasizing on 'young lad' and staring at my savior. 
   "Doctor, how is my friend, the one with the hose in the mouth?" I asked.
   "Oh dear" he sighed and continued..
 "He had already been poisoned with a dangerous substance before being choked. I guess the killer preferred him suffering a lot before death. I'm so sorry" 
   "How wicked could one be? But why des? Why him?" I said. 

   "Life doesn't always give you what you expect ma'am. And lest I forget, the cops came earlier asking to see you for some questioning. I guess they'll be back soon enough". Dr King said. 
   "Thank you Doctor" I said. 
   "Sure, Have a nice day ma'am". He replied and left. 
And then silence filled the whole room.

   "Soooo, you got a call from Aunt Becca" savior said. 
   "Oh really" I said absentmindedly. 
   "Yeah, I told her about you being here cause I wasn't sure how serious this was" he said. 
   "Oh thank you, that's thoughtful" I replied looking like..

   "I guess I could take my leave" he said about standing. 
And then i returned back to reality..
   
   "Wait, you could stay. I mean you didn't even introduce yourself and you seem really familiar. Are you a student?" I said sitting up. 
   "Yeah I am, and my name's Nathan" he said. 
   "Doesn't ring a bell, well I'm Miranda" I said stretching my hand. 
   "Well I already knew".He chuckled slightly. "Remember I brought you in and I had to check your I.d"

   "Oh oh oh, how didn't I remember? You're the guy from the library, the mean one" I said as I saw him blush slightly. 
   "Haha, I'm not so mean as you put it but I recall your face very much" he said smiling like..
   
   "I guess God is truly gracious, I just lost Des and my chances of ever getting my money back which truly hurts. But he just brought over my savior Mr fine boy" I said to myself smiling back at him.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts