Miranda. Episode 10. New thread.

George: oh my sweet girl, we weren't expecting you. 
Miranda: I called earlier on to inform Louisa (Miranda's sister) that I was coming home. Can I know now what's going on? 
Amanda: Honey, your father and I were just..
George: About to tell you the truth, Amanda I think it's time. 
Amanda: oh my dear, I hope you understand. 
Miranda: You both are scaring me! What's going on? Mum? Dad? Is anyone sick? 
Amanda: No my baby. We're all covered with the blood of Jesus.  (Typical African parent) 
George: We're both alright. It's something else. 
Amanda: Honey, your father and I aren't , I mean we are not , oh my God! We're not your real parents. 
Miranda: how? I mean I don't understand. Was I adopted? Was I abandoned? Someone didn't want me? What's going on? (She says between sobs) 
George: calm down Mimi, the moment we saw you, we knew we had to keep you.
Amanda: yes honey! (She draws closer to Miranda) you were so little and precious. There was no way we could let you go. (Sobbing) 
Miranda: (in tears) why did it take you guys so long to let me know? 
George: Because it wasn't important. We loved you the same. You're still our little girl. 
Miranda: what do you mean it wasn't? I don't even know where I belong.. (she says rising to her feet) 
Amanda: you belong here honey, here with us and your siblings. You're our first fruit and nothing can change that. Please understand we did it for you. 
Miranda: no mum. I can't believe this.. 

 Miranda walks out of the room, Amanda tries to run after her but George holds her back. 
George: don't worry, just give her time. It's a lot to take in. 


   Nathan opens his eyes and finds out he's in an empty building tied up to a corner. 
Nathan: why does this place stink so much? Is anyone there? Please helppp! I don't know who you are but we can settle this amicably and negotiate in peace. I have so many things to take care of. Please let me go! Please!!

   Miranda enters her room still in tears, and dials Nathan's number.

  She gets no response, lays down and crashes.. 

In Raymond's Apartment 
He gets a phone call..
Raymond: hello, wassup? 
Caller: I have him under control now. 
Raymond: Good, but you didn't have to. I wanted to win her trust my way. 
Caller: But your way is taking quite some time and the police are asking a lot of questions. 
Raymond: just make sure no fingers are pointed towards Miranda. 
Caller: I can't be so sure of that. 
Raymond: what do you mean? What's going on? This wasn't the plan 
Caller: I guess things change.. (phone goes off) 
Raymond: No! Hello! Hello! Don't do this!! Shit, what have I gotten myself involved in! Urgh! 

  At the police station..
Officer Jude reports to the Commissioner concerning Desmond's case. 
Officer Jude: Sir, we've done our best and still nothing has been proven. 
Commissioner: But that's not possible! I need answers as soon as possible. This case is long overdue and should be closed. Get me those culprits or pin the blame on someone else. We can't let his family down, they are very influential. 
Officer Jude: But sir...

   A junior officer walks into the office and whispers in Officer Jude's ear. 
Officer Jude: Sir, it was just reported that the last man we investigated is now missing. And the last person he spoke to happens to be the same girl Miranda. 
Commissioner: Same girl the deceased spoke to? 
Officer Jude: Yes sir. 
Commissioner: You know what to do then..

Miranda wakes up after the short nap, worried and walks over to her parents room. 
Miranda: Mum, Dad! We need to talk, we didn't finish our discussion. 
Amanda: Honey, why don't you rest and we can continue it tomorrow. 
George: Your mother is right, take a bath and rest Mimi.
Miranda: No! This cannot wait. Who are my biological parents?? 






       

Comments

Popular Posts