Miranda episode 7

I woke up in discomfort, oh yeah I didn't sleep on my bed. I slept in the neighbour's room, fortunately her roommate was out that night.
"Maybe I overreacted a bit" I thought to myself. "Nah, I was just shocked" I finally said.
I dressed up for school without the notice of anyone. I planned on visiting my aunt this weekend, at least a break from all the drama. "A little extra cash won't be bad" I said while putting on my shoes.
During my 11am class I kept thinking on the Aunt to pay a visit. Then it clicked 'Aunt maria'. How didn't I think of her all the while? She was really cool. She has no kids yet, so there'd be less house chores. She was my dad's favourite sister and one of my favorites too. We also shared similar interests in movies, music and celeb life.
   "Hello, Aunt Maria how are you? Its Miranda".

   "Mimi, I'm good, its been a while. How is school?"
   "School is alright. Can I come over for the weekend?"
   "Oh sure darling, I've missed you, in fact you all. We sure have a lot to catch up on"
   "Haha, sure thing Aunt, I'll come this evening, so I'll leave on Sunday"
   "How's everyone? I need to visit pretty soon" she said as another professor walked in.
    "They're good Aunt, I'll see you later. I have a class now.
   "Alright Mimi, see you soon"
It was a bright Saturday morning and Aunt maria decided to go shopping, well I thought it was for just groceries. Apparently, she looked a lot excited than usual. My sweet Aunt, she had been married for over seven years without a child and it really gave her marriage hiccups. A few times have I heard Dad complain about the maltreatment she always received from her husband Dr Reynold, as he loves to be called. Personally, I thought she was too good for him.
   "Aunt, its such a beautiful day, don't you agree?"
   "Yes Mimi, and my husband gets back too, so I plan on giving you guys a treat, let's say my valentine treat" she said with a finger to her lips indicating to keep it a secret.
   "But Aunt, that was more than a week ago"
   "Yes, but we didn't spend time together"
   "Alright then, I'll get the table set" I said about to stand
   "No no, don't bother, its my treat remember" 
Everything looked fantastic at dinner, I took major interest in the desserts. They were delicious.
Just before it was 8pm, her husband arrived.
   "Hey baby, how was your trip"
   "We thank God" was all he said. Simple "it was fine or good" I never understand older people though.
   "I made something good, I'm sure the aroma already flooded your thoughts, I'm sure you'll love it"
   "Can all these wait for some other time?"
   "Common baby, its my little treat, don't let it all go to a waste"
   "Good evening Dr Rey, welcome"
   "Oh, hello Mimi"
I rushed to leave the couple alone but I couldn't miss the show so I peeped from the guest room which fortunately was the closest to the dining room.
They spoke very little until Aunt maria stood up to get something
   "Hey honey, here's some dessert, finish up and I could feed you" Dr Reynold was mute all through the meal until..
   "Why don't you spend the time used in making all these to make children instead?"
What? How could he say something so cruel? I said to myself, still peeping.
Aunt maria gave him a mean look before relaxing to say "Rey, I can't make kids on my own, I know you're probably tired and stressed, maybe your favourite cake will lighten you up" she said standing to her feet
He sat looking at her sternly and said.. "Drop it"
   "Okay, just a bit. Now open that mouth I love s s so....
"I SAID.... She was about bringing the spoon closer until he pushed her to the floor with a slap... DROP IT"
I didn't want to intervene but DAMN! I felt the slap big time. My Aunt was really enduring a lot.
   "I've managed and tolerated all your excesses ever since. Despite all I did just to please you, you still still still hit us.
Us? Did I hear us? Omg! Aunt Maria was pregnant...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts