Miranda Episode 6

It was 11pm and still no sign of Desmond, I got very worried. I also became very thirsty since my wine was already exhausted. 'I hope he's alright' I said to myself.
    'I gat energy, gat alotta energy...... I didn't notice my phone was even ringing. It was my mum.
   "Hello Mimi, how are you?"
   "I'm fine mum, how's everyone?"
   "We are all fine, I thought you'd be asleep, how's school?" 'You thought, yet you still called' , I said to myself
   "School is alright mummy, please tell Dad to check his email tomorrow"
   "Eh hen, no problem, this one I'm hearing noise, where are you?"
   "Ah han, I'm in my room, there's a party on the next street"
   "Party on a weekday? Hmmmm anyways, your siblings sent their greetings"
   "Yesso mummy, oh send them kisses"
   "Goodnight my dear, check you up later"
   "Sleep well mummy"
I was about putting the phone in my bag when I heard Desmond's voice.

   "I searched all around, even at the top floor, seems it was stolen or I probably forgot it"
Sigh! "Well I guess I have to sought the bill"
   "I really didn't want that, can I write you a check, ermm you could pick it up by uhmm next tomorrow? Oh that's the weekend, let's make it by Monday"
Did he really need to ask, he should have written it in the restroom already. He scribbled something and handed it over, it was 75k!!
'It wasn't such a bad night afterall' I said to myself. I asked for the POS without a waste of time and paid. I had just about 40k in my account atm but I wasn't bothered, 75 was coming in !!!
   "You came in a car right?" Let's go now, you could drop me......
   "Err, the thing is while I was searching for my stuff, my friend called to borrow it. I totally forgot he didn't even return"
   "But how do you intend to go home then?"
   "Well, I guess I'll grab a cab. I'm sure it was urgently needed.
Desmond definitely had a lot going on, I didn't exactly believe what he said but then my check brought me so much joy.
   "Alright, but are you sure you'll be alright here? We could grab a cab together"
   "Nah, I can't bother you with that, I'm fine dear, he might still return the car so I'll just chill"
   "Alright then, have a goodnight and thanks.
   "Its nothing babe".

I surely had enough gist for Pepe tonight if she wasn't asleep. I almost thought des was trying to play a fast one. At least I could get some new stuff with my check! I smiled.
I got a cab straight to my place, I walked slowly to the front door, casually greeted the other occupants of the next room
   "Pepe, you won't believe what......
Jacinta, was on top of Pepe, they were both fondling each other making the exact noises I heard the other day. I just couldn't believe my eyes
   "We were, we just just, I mean I was playing, sorry removing sand abi dust from her eyes" Jacinta muttered
   "Yes, we were just..
   "Just shuttup"......... I stormed out.

Comments

Popular Posts