But I’m not.. Part 5



Fola: What does this Ifeoma girl really think I am? How can I possibly associate with her? Someone who goes around sleeping with all the men in Lagos and still wears rags. I can not possibly loose my high status among my rich friends by hanging out with a slut.” 


Chioma is still disillusioned about the whole situation as her belle starts growing.  


“It’s been a week since Fola stopped taking my calls or replying my messages. He didn’t even give me a chance to explain. I was equally as confused as he was.” 


I recuperated quite soon from the accident and I was back to work in no time. I was glad no one noticed my “Virgin Mary one month pregnancy yet” as it was would have been the icing on the cake. 


Still wallowing in deep thoughts during my lunch break, I feel a hand placed on my shoulder and immediately pull away from the touch sharply as if it burned. Turning around quickly, I see Olatunde, the General Manager of the company. 




Olatunde is the guy I spoke about previously who I suspected could be my baby daddy. But till today, the event of the night I spent at his house still remained a mystery. 


Chioma: Oh Mr Olatunde, it’s you. 


Olatunde: Yes, is everything alright? You seem tense.


Chioma: No, it’s nothing. I was only thinking, you know how someone touches you and brings you back to reality. 


Olatunde: Hmmm, that must have been some serious thinking.  He says as he draws out a chair to sit next to Chioma 


Chioma: Na so we see an oh! So what’s up? 


Olatunde: Nothing much, I noticed you’ve been avoiding me and I saw you sitting alone from afar and decided to take a little of your lunch time. He says staring at Chioma intensely. 


Chioma: I haven’t been avoiding you Mr Olatunde. I’ve just been really busy..


Olatunde: With your wedding preparations? Or you have actually been avoiding me since that night you spent at my place. 


Chioma: Chioma takes a deep breath and continues Mr Ola, a lot has been going on and honestly, I don’t think now is the right time to have this conversation. 


Olatunde: There you go again. About to leave the conversation, avoid me for the rest of the week and the rest of the year. Do you even care to know what happened that night? 


Chioma: I really don’t know if I want to know. Would knowing change the situation of things? She answered with a fallen tone but making sure She was audible enough. 


Olatunde: It depends on what you mean by “situation of things” he says rolling his eyes 

But seriously, what’s the problem Chioma? You have this sad expression plastered on your face. 


Just as he keeps talking, tears start to well up in Chioma’s eyes. She struggles to keep it at the lid but it eventually drops. She immediately uses the tissue paper next to her to wipe it away. 


Chioma: It’s because I’m pregnant.. 


Just as the words spit out from her mouth, she receives a phone call from her mother and instantly picks it up. 


Mrs Obike: Chioma, how are you? Hope work is going well. Can you take ten minutes of your lunch break and rush down to take the tests at your father’s hospital? 


Chioma: Alright Mummy. But why now? Can’t I take it later in the evening after work? 


Mrs Obike: Your father is traveling later today and I want him to personally examine you. We need to get to the root of this situation and I don’t want to hear stories. 


Chioma: Okay, no problem. I’ll be on my way.  And Mrs Obike hangs up


Olatunde: Seems like you’re leaving the office, I thought we were still having a conversation...













Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts