Miranda. Episode 12. New thread.

Raymond: I'll take you. What's the address ?


At Nathan's Apartment 

Miranda knocks at the door and there's no response


Raymond: I don't think he's around Miranda. We've been here for over 30 minutes and still no response 

Miranda: But I can't just leave. I think there's something wrong. 

Raymond: Do you want to keep knocking till day break? Let's go please. 


The Police arrives at Nathan's apartment...

Officer Jude: Right on time, I must say Miss Anukwe. 

Miranda: Goodday officer, can I help you ? 

Officer Jude: Most definitely, you're needed at the station right away. 

Miranda: Right now? Please I'm trying to get across to someone who stays here. Wait, why are you here officer?

Officer Jude: The police is aware he's missing. There's no point of knocking. 

Raymond: But officer, you can't just take her away like that. 

Officer Jude: Please stay away from this sir, she understands better to follow us. 

Miranda: I'll be fine Ray, please could you inform my roommate about what happened.


At the police investigation room 

Mira is brought in and sees Aunt Maria at the corner also waiting to be questioned. 


Miranda: Aunt Maria? 

Aunt Maria: Mimi, what are you doing here? 

Miranda: I should ask the questions here. Are you really my mother? 

Aunt Maria: Who told you that? I mean what do you mean? 

Miranda: I guess they were right. Who is my father then? Were you raped? 

Aunt Maria: Mimi, it's a long story, I can't...

Miranda: Or were you so promiscuous that you don't know who impregnated you? 

Aunt Maria: (Gives Miranda a resounding slap) I am your mother young lady, learn to respect me. Oh my God, I'm so sorry mimi. I didn't mean to..

Miranda: (in between tears and laughter) you didn't mean to what? Give birth to me? Just a minute ago, you didn't even understand my question. So pathetic. 

Aunt Maria: Mimi, this isn't the right place or time to tell you..

Miranda: When is the right time Aunt Maria? Or would you prefer Mum? 


The door opens and officer Jude walks in..

Officer Jude: I see you both are catching up

Aunt Maria: She's my niece Officer. 

Officer Jude: Niece? So it's a family job then. Well, you both are here concerning the disappearance of Nathan Ekwere and obviously, the death of Desmond.

Aunt Maria: Nathan is missing? How? When? 

Miranda: Hold on, how is she involved in all of these? 

Officer Jude: I should ask...

Aunt Maria: Mimi it's a long story..

Miranda: Why does everything have to be long with you? How are you involved in all of these? 

Aunt Maria: Nathan interned in my company. That's how we got to meet.

Miranda: And you're being called in for questioning over just knowing him? Officer, what's going on? 

Officer Jude: You were the last person to speak to both Desmond and Nathan. What business do you have in this?

Miranda: That doesn't guarantee anything officer. Nathan is my boyfriend and he's missing, I'm worried. Desmond was my friend and you haven't figured who killed him. Don't try to put the blame on people for your inefficiency 

Aunt Maria: Nathan is your boyfriend? 


A lady walks into the empty building towards the corner where Nathan is. Nathan who looks tired and hungry begins to shout



Nathan: who's there? Hello!! Please let me go 

Lady: shut up! you'll be here for a while. So get ready..  (she says and throws a bottle of water at  him) 

Nathan: I know that voice, who are you? 





Comments

Popular Posts