Miranda. Episode 11

 It was the toughest month in school since the semester started. Having to leave the hospital within a short while and writing exams straight away was truly difficult. I'm happy I pulled through.

 Getting to the apartment, I see a couple of bags lying around with the door opened wide. I shut it, lay on the bed and  soliloquize until Pepe walks in.
   "Hey Mimi, has it been long you got back?"
   "Nah not really, a few minutes ago. I see you went shopping"
She smiles a bit "atall oh, I was..." She's about to continue as a funny looking person walks in..
   
   "Oh yeah this is my friend celeste. Well more like family. I'm sorry I didn't inform you earlier but she's trying to get a job but it's just for a while she'll be staying till she's stable".
I wasn't even concerned with the explanation but with the fact that I finally knew her friend's gender. She definitely looked like roasted yam. Damn! 
Moreover she didn't expect me to complain now whilst the visitor was already present. I finally responded 
    "it's alright, moreover I'll be going home soon" 

 I was supposed to be home by the end of the week but Aunt Rebecca had her child's birthday party to plan and a wedding anniversary. She needed some help so I went earlier. And yes, Aunt Rebeca happens to be my favorite aunt, the same one I had an encounter with the husband at the club. I could already feel the awkwardness before the d-day. 

Flashback to what happened at the hotel between myself and Uncle Nnamdi.
.... I fainted temporarily but I chose not to open my eyes with the assumption that he'd leave with annoyance. But he just stood staring. I could feel his eyes devouring my skin, I just kept wondering how my aunt could marry such a man. He was about climbing onto me when I abruptly stood up. "Papi lolo, cool down I asked room service for protection, lemme quickly check on it. I'll be right back" I said that with all the courage I could gather. He just sat there looking like...

 
 I began walking really fast till I got outside the premises and found a taxi. And that was it for the night. 

Back to reality 
All I could do was pray he doesn't recognize me because it'll be shameful. 
I got to the venue earlier than the guests so as to assist in arrangements. It was bigger than I imagined. I expected people to walk in looking this simple. 
But the few guests around cached up like...


I made sure I didn't cross paths with Uncle Nnamdi until I was called by Aunt Rebecca 
   "Mira, please help me get the wines from my husband's bedroom. If it's not out in the open, check his closet" 
   "okay... She walked out before I could even ask if he was in the bedroom before heading upstairs.....

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts