My Life , My Hope.

Live your values, pursue your dreams and follow your passion”. This really implies the two ways of having the best possible future life.
Ever since childhood, I have had many hopes and goals of the future but whenever I think about how devastating my childhood was I become shattered. Having a single mom train three children is tougher than it seems.

I barely knew my father before he passed away due to his numerous trips and just when we had a short time to spend together, he left. I‘d always hope for something whenever I recall his legacy “Remember there is tomorrow” I couldn’t imagine that I will eventually tie this hope into my future.

I thought my hopes were just silly childhood dreams that would eventually fade away as the year went by.
There was periods when we could barely eat and had little money for our welfare but whenever I was asked my hobbies I always wrote “Reading and counting money”. Negative people would always make mockery of me because I barely brought money to buy snacks in school.

For hours I will sit and ponder over different things “why people think I can’t be successful” “why life has to be so difficult for my family” “why time has passed and all the dreams I had for my future are yet to come true”.

I had a different factor which drove and influenced my life. After so much thinking, I said to myself “I am the only person that can stop me from doing what I am meant to do and no one else has the power to stand in my way or hold me back” I knew the reason why I had just mere dreams were because they hadn’t become goals. Life is no Nintendo game. Being in the University and studying my dream is definitely glorious. I desire a perfect future life by being successful.

The meaning of success is quite different for everyone. It isn’t only based on fame, riches and having a good career. Being successful is having genuine happiness, I hope to be happy. My dictionary defined hope as a wish or desire accompanied by confident expectation of its fulfilment.

Knowing the true meaning of hope gave me a stronger desire. The object of a strong desire or an ambition is an aspiration. From my hope came an aspiration. I no longer included “Counting money as a hobby but saw it as what I would do for a living.

I have very high goals for myself and have raised what I believe to be a well guided plan to achieve them. I feel eager and excited to unleash my mind, thought and the power of my determination. My grandmother would always say ”Anything worth having is worth working hard for”.

I know it’s going to be a lot of hard work having to take bitter sweet sacrifices in order to succeed. Back then in high school, I was always nervous about handling my school handwork and dealing with trauma of watching my father being shot right in front of me. I was psychologically challenged for years, the negativity of my classmates back then drove and motivated me even harder towards my hope and dreams. I hope to triumph and look forward to the sweet taste of victory and feeling of success.

My mind has grown and evolved more and more each day. My aspiration is a goal, an aim, a direction for my life, it is not strange from outside or inside. It is to be an Accountant. I can’t wait to prove negative people wrong and see the expression on their faces when I walk across the stage get my degree. With all my eschews and sacrifices my mother made, I would love to give her the best life and see her with sweet smiles and live comfortably. Mountains of love can’t express how much I appreciate her. 

Enjoying life isn’t about making and wasting money on frivolities but doing something significant. I made a promise to God during my trying period that I would endeavor to put a smile on the face of someone in need and give the person HOPE FOR A BETTER LIFE.

  

Comments

Popular Posts